Angel Care Soft Touch Bath Support | Review

Baby baths are a necessity right?
WRONG!
We, like many new parents bought a baby bath thinking it was an absolute must have - let me tell you...it isn't!
Mr J had to return to work the very next day after we bought our little girl home, which meant I had to do a lot of the baby duties on my own. Thankfully I had my mum on hand to show me the ropes. Cue baby's first bath day - my mum made me crank up the heating, put out a change of outfit for baby, her hooded towel, and some olive oil for her massage. We placed the cute little bath tub in the living room after we had filled it up with baby safe water - I used a baby bath thermometer, my mothers elbow just wouldn't suffice for this new panic stricken mother that was absolutely petrified of scalding her new bundle of joy. My mum bathed my baby and made it look really easy! The next bath day I thought I would try to bathe the baby on my own, I mean how hard can it be?!!

Lets just say I learned my lesson the hard way, who would have known that what a tricky endeavour it would be and how much a small body can slip and slide! I managed but it wasn't without hardship, there is only so much you can do with one hand supporting the baby and the other hand trying to do everything else.

After feeling like a complete and utter failure because the bath time took twice as long as it took my mum, it was not as fun as it looked in the baby videos I had watched religiously whilst I was pregnant, and I was multi tasking the hell out of myself! So as soon as I got a few minutes to myself I had to do a quick google search, I came across the Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support. Low and behold baby bath times changed forever. For the better obviously!


What it is:
This bath support is designed to be placed into your main bath tub, so you place the seat in the bath tub and fill the main bath up with water until you reach the maximum water level that is indicated on the seat. The reason why I say place the seat in first, is because the the pink mesh heats up to the temperature of the bath water, so when you place the baby inside it will be nice and warm. Always check the temperature of the water before inserting the baby into the bath support. 
The ideal water temperature should be 37-38 degrees C, which is around body temperature. Your baby can lie in the bath support, whilst you have two free hands to bathe the baby without worrying about the baby being dropped or sliding out of your hands! It is safe and there is really is no danger of baby slipping or sliding down as the seat is angled and curved. However, it is always best to err on the side of caution when bathing your little ones, babies can drown in less then 3cm of water, and it can take a matter of seconds for a unattended baby to slip or slide into water and become helpless.
It goes without saying but I'm going to say it anyway - Never leave your baby unattended in the bath support, as safe as it is, adult supervision is required at all times. The bath support can be used from newborn up to 6 months, the maximum weight capacity is 30lbs or 14kg.


The bath support is designed for comfort and safety, the curved contour design helps to keep the baby in place and really does make bath times that much more enjoyable. The pink part of the bath support is made of durable plastic that keeps its shape, it is a soft touch mesh which is ideal as it keeps the baby well nestled in. The vents allow water to pass through and it is hygienic and mildew free as it is easy to clean and the water drains away super fast. Don't worry about the bath support moving around in the water as the base of the seat has a anti slip guard. Also there is a maximum water indicator level at the bottom which is handy to have. There are easy to carry handles on either side, and a hook at the top that allows you to hang the seat which helps it dry faster.


Value for money:
I don't know how I survived without the bath support, after having a cesarean section, using a baby bath was just out of the question. The bath support really was a fantastic purchase and worth every single penny. To be honest when my daughter reached 6 months and started to sit up I was sad at the realisation that it was time to part with this. I would use a small stool and sit by the bath tub while bathing my little one, she loved kicking her little feet in the water. Also having the seat made it really easy to wash the babys back and bum as well as they can lie on their stomach whilst you support them by cradling them under their arms. Washing her hair was really easy as well, I used the TrendyKid Shampoo Rinse Cup which helps to avoid water streaming down the baby's face as it has a soft and flexible panel that sits flush on the child's forehead causing a tight water seal. I used this with my little girl when she was a newborn and still continue to use it today.  Definitely recommend it to avoid the hair washing tantrums especially with a toddler!

Overall:
I would absolutely recommend this product for any new mums or mummies to be, using this allows you to have a little peace of mind and really engage in having fun with your baby during bath time instead of having to multi task. Whilst bathing her in the seat I don't recall ever having a arm or back ache, it just made life easier especially when you are having to do it on your own. Highly, highly recommend!

The Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support can be purchased here and currently retails for £15.99

Disclaimer - This product was purchased myself. All opinions are honest and my own.

No comments