Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte Lip Colours | Review


Hi my beauties!
Welcome to my first ever blog post, and what better way to embark on this journey together then on a super high note (and by that I mean super high end).  Allow me to introduce the Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte Lipsticks. 
If like me you always try to be savvy when it comes to buying makeup and failing miserably...then I'm confident that you too may have one or two of these incredibly gorgeous lipsticks in your collections. As highly priced as they are - retailing at a whopping £70.00. I wondered if they were insanely incredible or just over hyped.
The lipsticks are available in several different packagings and formulas, the finishes of the formulas are velvet matte, sheer voile and silky satin.
I will be reviewing the Christian Louboutin Velvet Matte Lip Colours in the shades:
  • Rococotte 215M
  • Survivita 420M
Packaging 

The lipsticks come encased in a beautiful sleek black hinged box, which can also double up as a jewellery box if you were that way inclined. I think these are the most luxurious lipsticks, in both packaging and feel that I own. Once you open the box, you will find the lipstick in all its glory enveloped in the red velvet tray lining. Seriously...all I could think was REGAL! My first impression of the lipsticks were that they reminded me of elixir vials or perhaps even a luxurious talisman. If you take the whole red casing out, behind it you will find a mesh black pouch in which you could store the lipstick in and pop into your handbag. I found that to be a gimmicky extra, although it would protect the lipstick bullet from getting scratched. But instead of using a cheap looking mesh pouch they could have stepped it up a little and perhaps used a black velvet pouch...just saying!


























Lets take a moment to take all this glory and splendour in...*and breatheeeee* the actual casing of the lipstick screams luxury and to be honest at the price it is retailing for - you want it sing to you when you open the box LOL. From the box to the actual lipstick bullet the attention to detail is absolutely remarkable. Said to be inspired by Middle Eastern antiquities and the Art Deco movement. It really is a thing of beauty. The lipsticks have a sheer ribbon attached to the "crown" of the lipstick - you can use this to tie the lipstick around your neck and use it as a statement necklace. However I don't think this would be practical as I said earlier it is quite heavy. 
It has been said that these lipstick were actually inspired by the holidays - "Christian’s vision of holiday beauty: opulent, cheerful and glamorous. Colourful and bold, these electrically bright shades were made to celebrate the holiday season."
Well with that being said it would look pretty darn cute hanging off a Christmas tree rather then hanging around your neck.


Application, Durability and Consistency
The application of these lipsticks were incredible, I mean for a velvet matte finish I was expecting it to drag across my lips when I applied it, But I was pleasantly surprised when it literally just glided on. It is not drying and did not sit in between the fine lines of my lips. Nor did it highlight any lip imperfections even though I couldn't be bothered to exfoliate my lips beforehand...Oops! I don't understand the science behind how they managed to get a matte lipstick to be so non - drying but I'm guessing it has something to do with the natural oils and seeds butters that help keep the lips hydrated and moisturised. 
Now the durability is said to be 4 hours, I would say that is true to a certain extent. Obviously if you were chomping down on a slice of greasy pizza it probably will wear off more faster. Saying that I have worn it for longer then 4 hours even whilst eating a sandwich and having a drink and it wore off beautifully, I would definitely say its a long wearing lipstick. They have an intensely rich pigment to them. You only need one swipe for full coverage. They have that classic lipstick scent, although that didn't really bother me as it wasn't really that strong or noticeable.

Swatches
Top - Roccocotte Bottom - Survivita
Overall
I love these lipsticks, they are truly beautiful in both packaging and formula. The packaging is unlike any other I have seen - very extravagant and grandiose which is exactly what you would expect when a very esteemed creator and designer steps into the beauty world!
I think this lipstick is without a doubt a collectors piece, essentially if you love luxurious lipsticks then you need at least one of these in your collection! It would make the ultimate present for that die hard lipstick lover. One of the major drawbacks for me was the price! The shade range is not that unique and I'm sure there are dupes out there for the colours above. Also it is really annoying that the lipstick bullet itself is not labelled and can't stand up because of its pointy bottom. Nonetheless, I don't think I will be purchasing any more of these lipsticks, two is quite enough for me thank you! 

Have an amazing day my lovelies! x

Disclaimer - I purchased the above mentioned products myself and all opinions are honest and my own.

































































































6 comments

  1. Wow! This is very engaging and enjoyable to read, i would recommend this as it is entertaining and elegant. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i think your doing an amazing job here your reviews are so on point i love reading them.. i hope you become very successful in this i'm sure u will be.. Keep them post and reviews coming along..All the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your page looks incredible and congrats on finally starting a blog! I'm so glad now I can use this blog to read through all your reviews! I think I might need to purchase a Louboutin lippy now Lol! Wish you all the success"

    ReplyDelete