Gro Egg Room Thermometer | Review


Being a parent is a roller coaster ride at the best of times, however being a new parent I would say that roller coaster ride is taken to a whole new level!
When we found out we were expecting our little one we did sooo much research in the hopes of buying all the right products the first time round. I will be the first to put my hands up and say that probably won't happen with your first born - but we managed to get all the big ticket items right, and made a few stellar discoveries along the way that were total life savers. It can be really overwhelming with the plethora of information that is out there and the countless lists of baby must-haves when embarking onto the road of parenthood.
I thought I would do a short series of reviews on items that I thought were absolutely amazing and a "must have" in our family. These were all tried and tested by us and almost all of these are in storage should baby number 2 decides to come along. I'm going to kick start the series with The Gro Egg Room Thermometer from the The Gro Company 


  
  
When I bought my baby home, I was constantly worried about the baby's room getting too hot or too cold, whether or not the baby needed that extra blanket or if we were putting on too many layers of clothing. It really drove me sick with worry! I recall the first night we bought her home I felt so engulfed with anxiety. Then I remembered that I had actually purchased the 'Egg' months earlier, so I whipped it out and plugged it into the socket. Seriously the peace of mind it gave me was invaluable. We started off by using it all day then just at night.

What it does
So essentially what the Egg does is changes colour when the temperature in the room changes. So all you have to do is look at it and you will know if the room is in fact in a safe temperature zone or not. It is a digital thermometer with a permanent LCD readout. Along with the colours, there is the temperature readout and there is also a smiley face or a sad face that will indicate if it is safe or not.

You just have to take a glance at it and the colours will help you know how to adjust the baby's clothing or bedding. I moved it to different rooms and almost instantly the temperature readjusts itself. If my memory serves me correctly in the summer of 2015 there were a few days in London where we experienced a heatwave - the Egg was literally glowing red! That was the only time it ever changed to red thank god. It is perfect for the paranoid mum - lets face it we have all been there with a newborn! It provides reassurance without any hassle, you could have this in your children's room or nursery and check in on them without actually disturbing them. The Egg also doubles up as a really cute night light as well.


      

Value for money
When you are a new parent every little helps, I would much rather part with some cash and have peace of mind instead of second guessing myself! Keeping the right temperature (16-20c) is vital in creating a safe sleeping environment for your little bundles of joy. More importantly it helps reduce the risk of cot death. We loved having this when our daughter was a newborn, and still continue to use it as a night light.

There are also shells that you can buy separately to place over the Gro Egg I opted to go for Percy Penguin it was the cutest! The range also includes a monkey and a owl design too. This little added extra makes it look even more more adorable and fun for the kids! I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has a baby or is expecting one.


      

The Gro Egg currently retails at £16.99 at Argos Click to purchase and the Gro Egg shells retails at £4.99 Click to purchase

Disclaimer - We purchased the Gro Egg ourselves and all opinions are honest and our own.

3 comments

  1. Such a great review love it had to buy one for my son today after reading ur review.😍 thank yiu so much😚😚

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete